Copenhagen Climate & Temperature
- Copenhagen, Denmark is at 55°40'N, 12°31'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Copenhagen has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Copenhagen is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 8.6 degrees Celsius (47.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18 °C (32.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2.7°C (36.8°F) on average falling to -1.3°C (29.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.3°C (50.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.7°C (38.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.7°C (69.2°F) and average low temperatures are 13°C (55.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.3°C (54.2°F) during the day and lows of 7°C (44.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 600 mm (23.6 inches) which is equivalent to 600 Litres/m² (14.72 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1603 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Copenhagen you would come out nearest to the climate station at Taiaroa Head, New Zealand where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Copenhagen, Denmark Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Goteborg-Save, Sweden - 235.4 kms (146.3 miles) N
- Goteborg, Sweden - 227.7 kms (141.5 miles) N
- Gothenburg, Sweden - 226.6 kms (140.8 miles) N
- Vesterø, Læsø, Denmark - 201.6 kms (125.3 miles) NNW
- Tylstrup, Denmark - 230.3 kms (143.1 miles) NW
- Randers, Denmark - 176.1 kms (109.5 miles) WNW
- Studsgård, Denmark - 229.9 kms (142.8 miles) WNW
- Odense, Denmark - 135.3 kms (84.1 miles) WSW
- Tystofte, Denmark - 89.7 kms (55.7 miles) WSW
- Toftlund, Denmark - 226.1 kms (140.5 miles) WSW
- Tønder, Denmark - 246.5 kms (153.2 miles) WSW
- Næsgård, Denmark - 94.6 kms (58.8 miles) SSW
- Marstal, Denmark - 157.8 kms (98.1 miles) SW
- Schleswig, Germany - 229.1 kms (142.4 miles) WSW
- Rostock, Germany - 169.4 kms (105.3 miles) S